♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2 This is the first book in the Cedar Ridge Series. I was a bit disappointed as I had high hopes for these books. I LOVED Shalvis' Lucky Harbour Series and found myself comparing this book to those.
What I enjoyed:
• The brothers and their antics. I look forward to reading the siblings stories.
• The Kincaid's mother Char. She cracked me up.
• The plot was decent, and the location the book was set in sounds beautiful.
What I liked less:
• The repetitiveness of back story.
• The Heroine's feelings of lacking in some way, and/or her guilt. (They were just mentioned too much)
• Some lines were too cheesy. While I usually find Shalvis quite funny, often through this book, I felt some of these lines were set up or forced. Perhaps I was just not in the right mood for them at the time.
To sum up.. I will read the next book in the series. I think the characters all have great potential and I know I normally fully enjoy Shalvis' writing.
Kobo, Amazon US, Amazon CA, Nook
Here's the blurb:
Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies, and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid-firefighter, rescue worker, and heartbreaker. She never could resist that devastating smile . . .
The Kincaid brothers are as rough and rugged as the Rocky Mountains they call home. Aidan has always done things his own way, by his own rules. And never has he regretted anything more than letting Lily walk out of his life ten years ago. If anyone has ever been in need of rescuing, she has. What she needs more than anything are long hikes, slow dances, and sizzling kisses. But that can only happen if he can get her to give Cedar Ridge-and this bad boy-a second chance . . .